Training Programs are being organized BY ISBTI for Donor Motivators, Blood Donation Camp Organizers, Technicians & staff of blood banks, Clinicians & their paramedical staff. More than 12000+ persons have already participated in the training program including males & females from rural areas, teachers of schools & colleges, students of Nursing & Pharmacy colleges, technicians & clinicians.Training is given on various aspects of voluntary blood donation & blood transfusion including the following topics:
- Donor Recruitment
- Donor Retention
- Camp Organization
- Blood & its Components
- Blood Groups & Cross Matching
- Blood Storage
- Need of Safe Blood & Blood Safety Measures
Trainees are asked to answer the following questions after the training session:
- How did you like this program & what did you learn from it?
- What will be your future action plan in the field of voluntary blood donation?
- What will be your commitment from now onwards?
- What does voluntary blood donation mean to you?
On analyzing the response from the participants, it has been found that such trainings are very useful and must for everybody related to voluntary blood donation & blood transfusion services.